Apple cinnamon scones
Last weekend we went to the apple farm to pick up some beautiful apples. I mean, I’ve planned to pick up just a small amount of apples. But we came back home from the farm with two baskets of apples, haha 🙂
I was thinking what should I do with them because we probably won’t eat them all before they turn bad. I made apple cinnamon pie, just because it’s Fall season! You know, nobody can skip this season. Everyone should bake apple pie, at least once.
I also used some of them for our breakfasts, such as oatmeal, pancakes etc.
So I started to think what else should I make with apples? And a friend of mine from the Instagram gave me a great idea! Apple cinnamon scones! Yes, please! I love scones so much but for some reason I don’t cook them a lot. So, I woke up early in the morning because I was too excited to bake scones for my breakfast. Aw, and I’ve mentioned that you can finally feel the Autumn in the air. The air is cool and crisp, and I love it so much. I grabbed my very cozy pajama pants, sweater and went to the kitchen.
I started to work with the dough for my future scones. But first, I caramelized some apples with cinnamon and brown sugar. It smelled so good so I couldn’t wait for my breakfast.
It takes for about 45 minutes to bake them and I now I’m sitting with my morning coffee and having one.. no, two scones and writing this post with the recipe for you guys 🙂 It is slightly crispy from the inside and so flaky and soft from the outside. And they smell just like Autumn.
All you need to do is to bake these amazing scones in the morning for breakfast, brew your favorite coffee and come back to bed, enjoying this delicious breakfast with your beloved ones 🙂 Speaking of bed, it’s so important for me to sleep in a very cozy bedding. I prefer to use high quality linen which is so good for your body when you sleep! I choose the best linen fitted sheet I’ve ever had in my life from very cozy shop Magic Linen. They are from Vilnius, Lithuania and they make the most beautiful bedding sets, napkins, aprons with the linen! I highly recommend you them because everything they create, they make it with so much care and love.
So, I hope you gonna love the scones as much as I do because they are amazing!
Portions: 8 scones
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 medium apples (peeled and diced)
- 6 tbsp of cold butter
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 350F and line up the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the apples with brown sugar, cinnamon until slightly caramelized, for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let them cool.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, sugar and salt. Cut in butter with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add in milk, vanilla extract and caramelized apples and mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface form a ball, and flatten it into the disk. Using the sharp knife cut the dough into eight triangles and place them into the baking sheet. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and bake for 30 minutes.