Ditali pasta with pesto sauce
I love pasta and I even think that it’s one of my favorite food. I mean, there are so many varieties of pasta. Spaghetti, macaroni, ravioli, tortellini, shells. Should I continue? Italians created the most popular and delicious food in the world! And what about sauces??? So many different sauces you can create for any pasta type. You can mix and match proteins, vegetables, sauces. Add the wine, herbs and cheese! Ohmy, I would love to eat pasta everyday, lol :)))
Today my chose was to make really simple pasta with pesto sauce. Nothing is better than pesto sauce on a summer time, right?! Fresh basil, aromatic garlic clove, crunchy pine nuts, fresh lemon juice and slightly bitter olive oil. Yam!
I created this recipe for Flavis products and I was so excited and happy to experiment in the kitchen. Love their Ditali pasta, this tiny macaronis that taste so good!
- half of Ditali box (250grams)
- 3 1/4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of ground pepper
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 half of a lemon
- Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package.
- For the pesto sauce combine all the dry ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until almost smooth.
- Add the olive oil and lemon into the mix until blended. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Lightly toss in with pasta and enjoy.
It is that simple, so it will take for about 15 minutes to create absolutely delicious lunch or dinner!