Baked Cauliflower cutlets
You might think that this a really nice and crispy chicken pieces, baked in breadcrumbs and spices? :)) Yeah, it looks like but this is even better than chicken! I always liked cauliflower, even when I was a kid, it was one of my favorite vegetables. Weird, huh?! I loved when my mom fried it until crispy and then seasoned with salt, pepper and some paprika. Yam! It was one of my favorite snack.
I probably wouldn’t eat it now because it’s kinda greasy, unhealthy.. and you know.. I would prefer to cook it in the oven with minimum oil rather then fry it.
I was working with some new brand, called Flavis. Flavis is a line of medical foods created by Dr. Schär, designed for those with Chronic Kidney Disease and Inherited Metabolic Disorders. And they created delicious and convenient food for people following a low-protein diet. This product is absolutely delicious.
I created the recipe of this tasty cauliflower cutlets for them and it turned out really delicious! Even my hub, who is not a big fan of cauliflower, ate a lot! :))
It’s very crispy from the outside and so tender from the inside. You gonna love this recipe a lot, because it’s heathy, delicious and easy to make!
- 2/3 box (2 packs) Flavis Grissini (breadsticks)
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Flavis breadcrumbs (see above)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into hearty pieces
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet and line with parchment paper. Place egg whites in a medium bowl and add olive oil. Dip cauliflower into the egg whites to coat. Place coated cauliflower into the breadcrumbs and roll around until cauliflower is even coated.
- Put cauliflower onto the baking sheet, and into the preheated oven. Roast for 30-35 minutes (or until golden brown), turning cauliflower over occasionally. Add lemon to cauliflower to taste if desired. Transfer cauliflower onto plate and enjoy!